+ Game is out
+ Patching in the last songs my musician did as well as fixing some
+ My promotional campaign did ok-ish. Tons of wishlists, not sure how many will convert to sales.
- Still need to make the Mac/Linux versions of the game as well as some other stuff, but I'm dying to move onto the next project
- I learned that the worst words I could hear are "Maybe you could make it an option..."
+ Game is out
+ I now have a professional musician and am ditching the royalty free music
+ Added basic save file encryption
+ Redid the tutorial
+ Passed review and will be releasing in two days
- Only have two days left to polish
- One of the marketing things I was trying to do keeps running into problems
+ Store page is up at http://store.steampowered.com/app/684980/Sudokube/ and it'll release on the 15th if everything goes correctly
+ Been implementing fixes from playtesters
+ I just found a ton of royalty free New Age music
- I have until the night of the 8th to make the game feature complete (or complete enough to pass inspections)
- Trying to optimize startup time, but I think it might be impossible in Unity. Even a blank project still takes 5 seconds to open.
+ Store page is nearly done, when it finishes review on Tuesday or Wednesday you'll be able to see it at http://store.steampowered.com/app/684980/Sudokube/
+ Release date is November 15th if everything works out
+ New GUI art and layout
+ Most controls are rebindable now
- I started this project with the hopes of escaping my nodev cycle. I've accomplished that, but the project wasn't ambitious enough to satisfy myself. Still, I've learned a lot that will help me with my next game, whatever it may be.
- No progress last week so goodbye streak
+ Buttons now tell you how many of each number are left
+ Cleaned up some old code and then made some new messes
+/- Trying to figure out how to cram a tutorial into my game
- Still have project burnout
+ Rewrote controls to be less horrible
+ Basic anti-cheat logic for leaderboards
- However I lost millisecond precision for the leaderbord because Steam server only returns UTC time
+ Minor bug fixes
- My game has no visible progress from now until release except for when I replace the UI
- No idea how I'm going to market this aside from the basics
+ Steam Leaderboards work now
+ Minor bugfixes
- I really want to move on to a new project already
+ Keyboard shortcuts
+ New difficulty level is partially implemented
- Playtesters are still saying the easiest levels are too hard
+ Steam Cloud works with saves
+ Steam Achievements implemented
+ Various other publishing items
- Didn't actually touch the game itself
- I've saved all the hard stuff for last
+ Changed the name
+ Demo is up! Twitter is running!
+ Fixed a lot of things in preparation for Demo Day, turns out my file structure didn't work on other computers
+ Added extra graphics and music
- Irma is somehow pushing up into my state and the power lines might get knocked out
+ Background/music transition automatically or on key press
+ Player saves w/ Steam Cloud integration
+ Cleaned up a lot of older code
- I didn't realize Demo Day was so soon. Time for a week of hurriedly adding and tweaking features
+ Moved number system over to TextMeshes instead of decals, allowing more control over fonts, colors, and the cube's model
+ Got achievements and leaderboards set up on Steamwork's side
- Holy shit where did the week go.
+ added several backgrounds which will fade in and out whenever a song ends
+ not really sure what else I added, probably menus and serialization modification
+ project is almost done, about a week's worth of work left if I stop slacking
- getting sick plus traveling for the eclipse kept me away from my computer most of the week
- I have to figure out how to sell the most unambitious game I've ever made
- can't hit the Labor Day release I was hoping for because my store page has to be up for two weeks
+ Auto-pencil tool added for easiest difficulty.
+ More fiddling with UI and serialization. Game timer moved to an auto-hidden window so it stops freaking players out.
+ Beginning Steamworks integration so my friends can alpha test.
- Buttons are still ugly defaults.
+ UI now includes scene transitions, pause menu, and other improvements
+ Redid serialization to allow players to resume abandoned puzzles
- Still waiting on actual art
+ Easy puzzles and pencil marks are done
+ GUI is getting a lot better with each iteration
- Art and music are nearly non-existent
- Still fighting the urge to call it Sudokube