Project TUSSLE

October 2018, Week 1

+ Created ScriptableObject shell for subactions
+ Created system for contextual panels to have isolated scope separate from the main editor scope
+ Experiments successful in converting MMD model into usable runtime-loadable self-contained FBX file.

August 2018, Week 5

+ Created a system of prefabs and data for contextual panels
+ Subactions have been reworked into a less stupid format
- Changing the subaction format means my old serialized fighters are now obsolete and thus the game is completely unplayable until I finish the builder to un-obsolete them.

August 2018, Week 4

+ Fighter attributes now editable
+ Action properties now editable
+ Actions can be copied, deleted, created, and modified
+ All changes reversible with Ctrl+Z, even deleting and creating
+ Builder now saves fighter and action files as JSON

August 2018, Week 2

+ Fixed an aggravating bug causing scrollbars to disappear by changing all code that disabled panels to instead attach them to a different parent that's so far away it can't affect anything.
+ Called this process of disabling a panel "Banishing them to the Shadow Realm" and I thought that was pretty clever

July 2018, Week 3

+ Added in system for undo/redo in character builder
+ Set up MVC architecture for builder to keep managing data sane.
+ Drop Down menus now properly pull down a menu and set themselves based on what the model says should be visible.
- The action panels that correspond to the dropdowns aren't properly hiding themselves just yet.

July 2018, Week 2

+ Got most of the UI for the character builder actually on the screen
- Still struggling to find a decent architecture that prevents the builder from being a spaghettified nightmare.

June 2018, Week 2

+ Settings menu is now working
+ Controller Binding is now doable in-game
- Haven't finished wiring up art assets
- Sliders look awkward for certain settings but I'm not sure what else to do for em

March 2017, Week 2

+ Fighters can now be loaded 100% dynamically. No unity required.
+ Old Python version can now export Unity formatted fighters
+ Added new stage: Volcano
+ Perspective camera now follows fighters properly

February 2017, Week 2

+ Added a Fighter Stat menu, which loads the fighter's definition XML file, and generates a stat polygon, as well as displaying their sprite/model as a trophy.
+ Can now enter a battle from the main menu
- No actual character select screen yet
- Art assets look like hot garbage
- Stat polygon was cool but ultimately took a very long time that could have been spent making the game work

January 2017, Week 4

+ Added an input buffer to smooth out inputs near the end of certain actions
+ Got a 3D version of the stage for perspective camera (not pictured)
- Found out how aggressively limited Unity's input system is and am spending huge amounts of time rewriting it.

January 2017, Week 3

+ Come up with a plan for adding in wieldable items for 2D and 3D fighters
+ Reworked the 2D sprite system to accept a JSON file defining subimages from a sheet and defining anchor points for things like items and grabs to snap to
- Due to aforementioned 2D sprite rework, have to re-do all the attack sprites I did last week. Fuck!
- Still missing control buffering and smash attack functionality.
- ...

January 2017, Week 2

+ Added a flowing headband
+ Converted Knockback system from Python version to match up with Unity version
+ Created a process for importing Brawl models and animations
+ Abstracted out the animation loader so it can be used to load 2D sprites or 3D Animations, depending on if the character is a sprite or model
- Still haven't converted all of the existing actions to Unity. So tedious.
- Need to come up with a way to align the headband properly with some of the more involved animations. Don't want to hardcode it in, since Hitboxie is supposed to be the example character and I don't want to have to use dev-only workarounds for him.