Love2D, Blender, Spine, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Zeplin, QGIS
+ Version 0.01 released and is available here: https://balancedbreakfast.itch.io/bombs-and-bullets
- Future versions will be significantly different, with terrain added, art assets switched, more units and much simpler pathfinding
+ New pathfinding system optimized, final cell size was determined
+ Added a cell-usage system. Larger units have a core and extended hitbox
+ Cells in contact with the core hitbox are 100% occupied, cells in contact with the extended hitbox are not 100% occupied
+ Smaller units, like infantry, can occupy partially occupied cells
+ This system was a simple way for use to solve pathing object avoidance that simulates units occupying multiple cells
- At its core, a unit occupies multiple cells, but while pathing, it is only a single cell
- The larger the difference between width and length, the greater chance there is that clipping will occur
- Once again, there's a lot of path finding problems to fix, but it's going more smoothly than the previous path-finding system, it's already faster.
- Next week is mainly about adding unit movement to the new pathing system.
+ For a variety of reasons, roads will not be tiles, but rather separate system quarter-tile sized cells. The same size as the pathfinding cells. This will be relegated to a later release.
+ Release0.02 will only have basic terrain tiles, like grass, water, sand, dirt, rock, concrete, asphalt, and various transitions. etc.,
+ Heightmap importing will be worked on later, we've got a nice map just sitting around now, ready for further tests
+ Here is the current music playlist for anyone that wants a listen:
+ playlist: https://soundcloud.com/user-255042164/sets/b-b-ost
- For those that would like to use the AGDG recap, its here: http://recap.agdg.io/