+ Version 0.01 released and is available here: https://balancedbreakfast.itch.io/bombs-and-bullets
- Future versions will be significantly different, with terrain added, art assets switched, more units and much simpler pathfinding
+ Laying in the groundwork for terrain. This will be the main task for the upcoming month
- Pathfinding is getting nuked. It's not that we couldn't get it to work, it's that it would prevent us from adding in a ton of features
+ New multi-layered pathfinging is in in its most simple form
- However, due to the 2D visuals of the game, it will be impossible to order units to tiles obscured by other tiles, like directly under bridges or in tunnels, they can only pass through.
+ 9-tilt for vehicles are in (vid, the vehicle is being manually controlled)
+ Got the nodes to rotate correctly now
- Cliff detection will actually be one of the more annoying features to implement.
+ Mutli-layered hitboxes are needed. Gonna try doing this without going into true 3D territory. Will be similar to Box2D with a z-axis.
+ New terrain block workflow can now support animated tiles.
- Its actually quite intuitive. We can either have additional directionality, like with road markings, or animated tiles, like with oceans or tall grass blowing in the wind.
+ Made a set of seamless sea tiles with a sandy shoreline baked into the tileset.
- Its seamless, but if you look closely you can see it's four mirrored mini-tiles. It's also not looped yet. All stuff to work on in future. Good enough temp tiles though.
+ Heightmap importing will be worked on later, we've got a nice map just sitting around now, ready for further tests.
+ Here is the current music playlist for anyone that wants a listen:
+ playlist: https://soundcloud.com/user-255042164/sets/b-b-ost
- For those that would like to use the AGDG recap, its here: http://recap.agdg.io/