October 2018, Week 4

+ Working non-combat event system
+ A few events, like sacrificing cards to heal
+ Choice manager can now handle arbitrary number of choices and still be useable

October 2018, Week 3

+ Massive refactor of card drafting system to make it generic and useable for any choice
+ Started working on non-combat events

October 2018, Week 2

+ More menu/interface stuff
+ Started designing all the non-combat events
+ Usual bugfixes
- Been a busy week

October 2018, Week 1

+ Made some new temp assets
+ Progress now represented by an actual tower, as the game is named after

September 2018, Week 4

+ Had my first playtester other than me
+ Replacing my base movement cards with ones that offer a bit more freedom, still working out kinks and balance

September 2018, Week 3

+ 8 new cards
+ Balance changes
+ A main menu and associated scene loading
+ Lots of bug fixes, mostly with how turns are handled along with status effects
+ Actually played a full game and enjoyed myself

September 2018, Week 2

+ Restructured how animations are waited upon, fixing some bugs
+ Also now area of effect attacks can animate properly, with each enemy reacting simultaneously
+ Added some extra info to be used in character UIs
+ The usual minor bugfixes as I found them, mostly with how tooltips are generated
- Have to figure out a way to make the game faster, some sort of speedup or skip mechanic. It can get boring when waiting to close the distance

September 2018, Week 1

+ Fixed up targeting so I can make proper indicators. Now I just need to make it look good
+ Added a dozen new cards

August 2018, Week 5

+ Improved maps and map maker
+ Better pathfinding
+ Implemented core game loop, including encounter generation that increases difficulty over time and drafting cards
+ New enemy

August 2018, Week 4

+ Workeable map system, including map maker
+ Almost finished ability to load new maps properly
- Still need to figure out things stuff like how I should display characters behind walls and making non-hex walls
- Started to get to the point where it feels like I'm fighting spaghetti

August 2018, Week 3

+ Two new enemies
+ Tons of new pathfinding functionality so enemies don't just have to walk straight to the player
+ New condition stuff for more complex enemy behaviour
+ Lots of fixes I probably should have caught before now

August 2018, Week 2

+ Got animation system working
+ Actually works better than expected in a couple of edge cases
+ Started working on second enemy

August 2018, Week 1

+ More animations
- Having a serious struggle setting up the animation system correctly. It's getting tons of weird timing and blending issues

July 2018, Week 4

+ Refactored tooltip system so it's automatic and cards don't need to be manually tagged
+ Added tooltips for cards generated by other cards
+ Added about 10 new cards
+ Added the first enemy model
- Animations need some work to fix alignment
- Animation system needs to be refactored to work properly with multiple animators

July 2018, Week 3

+ Created a system to pass information between cards and actions
+ Created special on-draw status effects to make persistent effects
+ New cards utilising this functionality

July 2018, Week 2

+ Converted the square grid to hex
+ Fixed every class that was broken by this
- Started a round of discussion/shitposting about hex grids

July 2018, Week 1

+ Tons of refactoring away dumb decisions
+ Fixed up tile targeting so it wasn't running pathfinding every time a tile was selected for no reason
+ Added new cards
- Almost at the point where I can't justify not working on models any longer
- Didn't have any content for demoday

June 2018, Week 4

+ Reworked conditions and actions so that cards and AI can share infrastructure
+ The actions are also way more intuitive, cards now work the way I've wanted them to for months
+ Created a new property system that allows for status effects like stun and disarmed
+ Also made AI a lot more robust and much easier to develop behaviour for
- It still looks the same as it did months ago

June 2018, Week 3

+ Found some tools that should make creating and editing cards more consistent in the editor
- The original plan would have been much neater and more efficient overall but it was ruined by how Unity implements serialisation

June 2018, Week 2

+ Finished tooltip system
+ Changed infrastructure so that the actions that cards are made of can be used by enemies as well

June 2018, Week 1

+ Began working on a tooltip system to explain keywords
+ Added keywords to cards for this system
- I had to use the least efficient system because I couldn't figure out how to make other designs work

May 2018, Week 5

+ Smoothed out how cards feel
+ UI now correctly scales, including some fixes of things that were going to become an issue down the line
+ New cards
+ A new status effect framework that lets me trigger any untargeted card effect as a status

May 2018, Week 4

+ Changed some game feel about how cards move and target
- Reverted the change because I realised it wasn't right for my game
- Had to manually revert, so I finally decided to use source control to prevent this happening again

May 2018, Week 3

+ Cards are now UI objects
- This has basically just exchanged one set of issues for another