- Rebuild still in progress.
Bullet Hell Lane Shooter
- Re-build still in progress.
- Slow progress, working on re-building a lot of it.
+ Repo is linked up again.
+ Reviewing what I have done and need to do.
- I might need to start a fresh project for this again and move over a lot of my code and assets.
+ PC is fixed.
- Need to link up my repo again.
+ Got my motherboard/CPU/RAM replaced.
- Have to re-install Windows.
+ Still getting stuff filled in.
- MY MOTHERBOARD FUCKING SHAT ITSELF. But my work is safe.
+ Good chunk of the script rewrites are done.
- Need to re-do a bunch of the spawning systems.
+ Still working on new hierarchy.
+ Working on the new class hierarchy.
- It's taking a bit longer than I'd like, but at least it'll be a little easier to work with.
+ Finally unfucked my repo.
+ Laying out better class hierarchy.
+ Started working on endless mode.
- Slow progress for the next few weeks seems likely.
+ Fixed a bug where having a controller plugged in would fuck up keyboard controls.
+ Other fixes.
- I am moving away from making the "Story" mode, and scaling back my scope. So I'm gonna do what I originally planned and make a endless arcade-style mode.
- Still need to sort out my repo.
+ Got a new GPU. It's working out quite well.
- My repo is still fucked.
+ Getting a much needed hardware upgrade.
- Did next to nothing because of Xmas.
- My repo doesn't seem to want to accept any push requests.
+ Continuing to add more levels.
- This is gonna take longer than I thought.
- Light week, probably not gonna do much over Xmas either. Will probably stick to design work.
+ Still adding new waves of enemies.
- Progress is slow because I have to check every single wave works properly when I add it.
- Getting distracted.
+ Made some more waves.
+ Made a thing that's gonna be used for some bosses.
- A thing I wanted to make was too hard to implement so I scrapped it.
+ Added some effects for when the player is killed, so it no longer looks like they're instantly spawning on top of themselves.
+ Minor HUD change to have it work better with the previous point.
- Not sure how to implement the new stuff I want to do.
+ Cleaned up some stuff in code.
+ Updated some enemy behaviours.
+ Added a new item which forces the player to jump between the top and bottom of screen on contact.
- Need to add the last few enemy/item types.
+ Came up with some new enemy position patterns.
+ Changing the behaviour of some enemy types.
- Need to clean up and refactor a bunch of stuff.
+ Got feedback from my demo, so I'm gonna go work on some fixes and changes.
- Not much work last week.
Demo is out. Starting to plan ahead for things to get done. Updated the itch.io page.
+ Added a screenshot feature
+ Fixed those bugs I caused
+ DEMO DAY DEMO IS DONE AND READY TO DOWNLOAD
+ Redid all the spawning stuff so it's a bit more interesting.
- Collisions are really unresponsive at high speed (Not frame rate, just movement speed)
- Taking a bit of a break to play RDR2, will still do some work though.
+ Fixed the issues with using controllers on menus.
+ Menus finished up.
+ Fixed most gameplay bugs.
- Caused a few new bugs by fixing the old ones.
- Need to start rebuilding the wave spawning for levels to make it more fun.
- Need to do music, font work, and add juice. Probably won't get to it till the demo is done.